Vitamin and Mineral (“ Myers’ Cocktail”)
This formula contains magnesium, calcium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin C and trace minerals. The nutrient mix is combined specifically by condition and individual requirements.
Why infusion (IV) is preferable to the oral route
When nutrients are infused, there is direct access into the vascular (blood) system. This bypasses absorption via the gastro-intestinal tract, which can often be a limiting factor.
IV nutrients achieve serum concentrations that are not obtainable with oral or even intramuscular administration. Due to saturation of intestinal absorption and an increase in clearance by the kidneys oral dosing reaches a limited concentration in the blood. Delivery by IV administers a plasma level of the nutrient almost 10 times that of oral. These doses are desired to have a more rapid effect. For instance, the acute antiviral effect of vitamin C has been demonstrated at a concentration of 10 to 15 mg/dL. This is a level that can only be obtained by an infusion.
Nutrient infusions have been shown to have the following effects in the body:
- Vitamin C reduces histamine by 72% resulting in a beneficial effect with allergies.
- Vitamins C and B5 (pantothenic acid) are stored in the adrenal glands which are responsible for maintaining energy levels throughout the day.
- Vitamin C infused at a dose of 10 grams boosts immunity and is helpful in treating viral and bacterial infections.
- Magnesium relaxes smooth muscle both in the lung and circulatory system. This results in positive effects on asthma, hypertension and angina.
- IV magnesium has been shown in studies to relieve the pain of migraine headaches within 15 minutes and also completely relieves symptoms of photophobia, nausea and vomiting.
- Magnesium infused in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) has demonstrated effects of decreased pain, improved emotional state and reduction or complete elimination of fatigue.
- Magnesium, along with calcium, vitamins C and B given by IV showed improvement in 74% of sufferers of fibromyalgia and myofacial pain.
Conditions and symptoms treated with Nutrient Infusions include:
- Migraines and cluster headaches
- Fatigue including chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Fibromyalgia (FMS), myofacial pain
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Acute asthma attacks
- Chronic sinusitis
- Viral infections, herpes
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Cardiovascular disease, angina
- Paresthesias, numbness, tingling
- Chronic pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Depression, anxiety
- Hives and eczema
- Neuropathic pain in cancer patients
- Narcotic Withdrawal