Hormone Health Services Available For Smithville Residents
Hormones are special chemical messengers in the body that are created in the endocrine glands. These messengers control most major bodily functions, from simple basic needs such as hunger to complex systems such as reproduction, and including emotions and mood. Understanding the major hormone functions will help patients take control of hormone health. Continue reading this page for more information about hormone health in Smithville at NEX Wellness!
What are some of the symptoms of hormone imbalance?
Hormonal balance is vital to a healthy, mind and body, but can be disrupted in many ways. Changes in hormone health can occur naturally, in puberty, menopause and perimenopause. Hormone imbalance may also be caused by toxins or an unbalanced lifestyle. Some of the symptoms that are common with hormone imbalance include:
- Irregular or absent periods: Increasing irregularities in menstruation signal a disruption in the hormonal activity that controls menstruation. Oftentimes, the cause can be related to an imbalance in estrogen, progesterone, and cortisol, one of our stress hormones.
- Weight gain: Changes to your body or the shape are another noticeable sign off imbalance. Shifting hormones tell your body to store fat in the abdominal area. This fat is difficult to lose even with diet and exercise.
- Irritability and/or moodiness: Feeling out of control, overwhelmed or sifts in mood can result from sudden changes in the balance of estrogen, testosterone and progesterone.
- Skin issues: Adult acne can be associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a hormonal condition that may result in or absent menstrual periods due to ovulation irregularities.
- Hair loss/unusual hair growth: Imbalances between estrogen and testosterone can cause thinning hair and an imbalance of testosterone may lead to unusual hair growth, particularly on the face.
- Infertility: Women with hormonal imbalance can often have high amounts of androgens (including testosterone) and impaired sugar tolerance that leads to increased estrogen, followed by lack of ovulation/infertility.
- Fatigue/loss of energy: Lack of sleep makes you feel tired, however fatigue can occur even with plenty of sleep, leaving you feeling physically and emotionally drained.
How does NEX Wellness test for hormone imbalance?
The best way to know for certain if there is a hormone imbalance is to have an assessment to determine your hormone health. For men or women who are looking for a Naturopath in Smithville, NEX Wellness will run assessments which can be done via blood, urine or saliva. Saliva hormone testing is an excellent way to identify hormone imbalance in women and men, as saliva measures hormone that has actually entered tissue (before getting into saliva, the hormone must pass through saliva gland tissue). It is painless, stress free and easy to sample at home. If testing reveals a hormone imbalance, your NEX Wellness team can recommend non-invasive treatment approaches such as lifestyle changes and nutritional support, including appropriate supplements. As well as the option of hormone supplementation.
For more information about hormone health in Smithville and how you can get natural treatments and therapies at NEX Wellness, please feel free to continue browsing through our website. We can be reached at (905)-692-9300 or (905) 634-5000,by email: email@example.com which can be found on our contact page.Leave a reply →